Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trip Report days 1 & 2 Long...

We just got back from our honeymoon to Paris 10/17-10/23 and I must say it was better than I even hoped it to be. Our time there was not even close to enough, we running non stop everyday and wanted to do so much more.



Day One: We arrived in Paris about an hour early to CDG, which was good in that we got off the plane but bad for plans. We booked shuttle inner from the high recomendations on this site and they were there waiting for us with our names on a sign even with our early arrival, everything went smoothly. We rented an apartment on Isle St Louis from Paris Address and we were not supposed to meet with them until 1:30 but arrived at the apartment arround 12:15. I had their phone number and figured I could just find a pay phone and call them, but I could not find a phone to save my life and after about 40 minutes of wandering aimlessley arround the Island I gave up and we waited on a bench overlooking the river until they arrived for check in. The check in went ok, but the internet and TV in the apt didnt work so the guy told us to go out and he would fix it, so we walked over to Notre Dame and just sat in the square in awe of everything arround us. Im a west coast girl and we have nothing old or even close to old arround here so I felt like everything I looked at couldnt be real, It was like I was at disneyland or something and I think I felt that way the first few days. We wandered back to the apt and there was a note saying that the problems couldnt be fixed but we would recieve a 10% discount which was ok other that us carrying the laptop all the way over for no reason. We were both exhausted but decided if we took a nap we may not wake up until too late so we decided to take a boat cruise since that involved no real effort besides sitting. The boat cruise was good but we were both so tired it was a real struggle to stay awake so after we walked back the apartment to rest before dinner. I had made reservations at Le Fin Gourmet on Isle st Louis and the restaurant turned out to be wonderful, The menu was 28 Euros for either an entree and main or a main and dessert with house wine included. I had a mushroom ravioli with an amazing sauce as my starter and a roast chicken with mushrooms and potatoes and it was excellent as well. My Husband had the same and then got a great dessert described as warm chocolate cake with srawberry mousse and caramel ice cream and it was so good. Our total bill was 58 Euros for two which I thought was good for the level of food that we got. After dinner we stumbled home and passed out for the night.





Day 2: Today I had book a private tour with Michael Osman and I had read many good reviews and a few bad on here but I was looking forward to it. I can say that he is so great and I cannot recomend him enough, for me our day with him was the highlight of the trip. Michael took us all over the city, we started by walking to metro and going to the Louvre just for a highlights tour and he told us so much that I would not have seen on my own. From there we got on a bus and went towards to Eiffel Tower, we got off and walked across the bridge towards the tower and on the way saw every scam mentioned on ths forum which was quite entertaining and I must say anyone fooled by the scams nust not be that bright. When we got up to the tower the lines were insane I couldnt imagine waiting in that. We took the obligated pictures behind the tower and continued walking on through the side streets and we started to get close to rue cler and decided to go over and see how many Rick Steeves books we could spot, and unfortunatley we only spotted one, it was saturday and it really seemed to be mostly locals enjoying a nice day out with their families. The street accutally was really nice and I can see the attraction to it, we grabbed some sandwiches from one of the many stalls and went and ate it in a nearby park I cant remember the name of it now. From there we hopped on another bus over to the Luxumbourg Gardens and walked arround there, it was a beautiful day and the park was full, The garden was different than I thought it would be I guess I was expecting more of a garden but it was more like a park, anyone who has been to San Diego I would compare it to our Balboa Park. From there we got on the metro and went towards the shopping triangle of george V ave Montaigne and Champs Elysees, we walked down the street window shopping, the shops there are amazing there was probably 5 employees for every customer in them but I guess for the money spent that should be expected. From there we got back on the Metro and went towards St Germain and wandered the streets, I had mentioned I wanted to try macaroons after reading so much about them and I must say I wasnt disappointed they were very good. We went into various churches along the way which were very interesting but I cannot remember their names : ( We continued just walking the streets and getting on and off busses into the Latin Qtr. I was so sad when our day with Michael came to an end and we felt really lucky he made time for us that day because his father was in town visiting him for the first time, if it werent for that we probably would have booked him for another day or two. After Michael left us arround 5:30 we wandered back to the apt to rest for a bit, for dinner that night we werent that hungry after the snacking all day so we just went to a local cafe and had a small meal and then off to bed.



Days to be continued if you can stand reading anymore and please pardon my many spelling errors.




|||



Great report, can%26#39;t wait to read more! Thanks for sharing............JO




|||



Enjoying your TR. More please.





Theresa




|||



First, congratulations! I can%26#39;t imagine a more perfect place to spend a honeymoon than Paris. Thanks for the great report. I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.





Can you share what shuttle service you used? I am possibly interested in this, since there will be three of us and a good bit of luggage. Thanks!




|||



Congrats on marriage and yes, I am enjoying your trip report very much, look forward to reading next installments.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:36 am, October 13, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment