Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day Trip from Paris to Mont Saint Michel



Hi:





I%26#39;m planning to do a one day trip to Mont Saint Michel via train and bus on my own ( I like to do things at my leisure and not be rushed throught things by tour companies ) around Tuesday, November 25th, 2008. I want to spend as much time as possible during one day exploring the place and taking pictures. I would like to know how late can I stay until late in the evening/late afternoon and still being able to make it back to Paris late at night. I only want to do Saint Michel. Please advise if this is doable via public transportation ( trains and buses ) or if you recommend a tour company that would give me more that just a couple of hours at the place. I would greatly appreciate your feedback on this.





Jhon




|||



I did a day trip from Paris to Mont Saint Michel 7 years ago. It is entirely doable. We went ahead of time to Gare Montparnasse and bought our tickets. There was a ticket available that included TGV to Rennes and then the bus from Rennes and return. The ticket agent told us to wait in front of the train station at Rennes for the bus. But - you should know that there is actually a bus station next to the train station that you go to. It was a great trip. I thought one day at Mont Saint Michel was time well spent but was happy with just that. The bus ride through the little villages was pretty, too.




|||





Thanks a lot for the feedback, do you recall how much did it cost you to do this trip? I just want to have a sense of how much is costs.





Thanks again,



Jhon




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment